We are hiring!
We are a family-owned business that is passionate about sharing natural skincare products with Columbus and the world! You will be joining a small team where everyone plays a critical role, in a casual, relaxed atmosphere that is open and welcoming. You will be working at our retail and production space located at 1166 W 5th Ave in Columbus. In addition to our retail store, we sell online and on Etsy, to retailers such as Whole Foods Market and to restaurants, bars and other venues who use our foaming hand soap in their restrooms and kitchens. Our current retail hours are Monday-Friday 11am - 6pm, Saturday 11am - 4pm and Sunday 12pm - 4pm.
APPRENTICE SOAPMAKER (Part Time)
Glenn Avenue Soap Company is growing and looking to add to our production team! This is a permanent part-time position targeted to start at 12-20 hours per week that could easily grow into a full time position for the right person. We have some flexibility regarding scheduled days and hours. Prior soapmaking experience is not required or expected. You will apprentice directly with our Soapmaker to learn how to make, package and label our products.Ideal candidates will have:
- Attention to detail to follow recipes, weigh and measure ingredients
- Mechanical aptitude to operate scales, mixers, filling, labeling and other equipment
- Good eye-hand and ability to perform repetitious tasks
- Ability to lift buckets or boxes up to 50lbs
- Ability to work safely while operating machines, handling certain chemicals and performing lifting.
- Knowledge or experience with natural products, essential oils, cosmetics or skin care experience is a plus.
If you have a strong work ethic, take pride in your ability to work with your hands, and are excited to be part of a small craft business then we want to meet you. Please email jobs@GlennAveSoap.com to apply and include a resume and cover letter. Tell us why you are a good fit to join us!
Candidates must be minimum 18 years of age.